Alternative Investments Fellowship Program (AIFP)
Who We Serve
- Professionals of color traditionally underrepresented in alternative investments (i.e. people of Black, Hispanic and Native American descent, as well as Asian women)
- Investment banking analysts in the first or second year of an analyst program at a bulge bracket or boutique investment bank
Preferred analysts include those in traditional i-banking industry coverage groups, M&A, leverage finance and structured finance. Both SEO alumni and non-alumni are eligible to apply.
How It Works
Over the course of 10 months fellows receive training and mentoring to strengthen their investment banking analysts’ skills and prepare to compete for positions in private equity (PE) and other AI.
While working as investment banking analysts, Fellows receive in-depth exposure and hands-on development during intensive mock interviews, case studies, Saturday workshops, and 3-4 early weekday breakfast seminars per month. Analysts continue to work full-time in their current position during this period. Program activities are based in NYC and include mock interviews, case studies, weekend workshops, and weekday breakfast seminars to avoid work conflicts.
- Advanced LBO Modeling Training Sessions
- LBO Case Study Practice & Review
- Breakfast seminars with industry leaders, including:
- Limited Partners discussion on investing in the alternatives sector
- Roundtable discussions with senior partners at PE firms
- “A Day in the Life of a PE Associate”
- Mentoring by PE professionals from our prestigious partners
- Introduction to the unique cultures of each partner firm
- Participation in the SEO Annual Alternative Investments Conference